Sign In
For support get in touch:
+96 5976 07552
#LifeStyle: Capsule Closet

“No more waste!” said the savvy, smart, fashion forward woman. Knowing that women, on average, regularly wear only 20% of the clothes in their closet means that the remaining 80% are wasted. Wasted money, wasted space, wasted effort… and worse of all? Wasted expectations. Spring is around the corner so it’s the perfect time for spring cleaning. Keep only the essentials that makes sense to your lifestyle and bring joy to your heart. Before we talk about what you should have in your closet, first lets talk about how to minimize it. First of all, do the world and the environment a solid and find your old clothing a home elsewhere. Donate anything that is clean and tear-free to a younger cousin who loves your style or a no profit organization like Basta (we love @bastakwt for so many reasons-check them out if you have not already). If you are not sure on how to start, here’s a list of five things that should end up in your giveaway pile:


1.       You know it will come in handy soon, but you haven’t worn it in the last 12 months: a full season came and went and you didn’t wear it (no, we aren’t including 2020, it doesn’t count). If you only think about it, and you have not put it on, you probably never will. #letItGo

2.       Anything you have more than one of: you do not, in fact, need 6 skinny jeans, of similar shade. Choose your favorite, and donate the rest. #LetItGo

3.       You paid so much, why give it to someone else: that feeling? Guilt. Your clothes should make you feel happy, not guilty. We’ve all splurged on that one outfit we wore only once, now let it be loved by someone else (@bastakwt). #LetItGo

4.       Anything that doesn’t bring you joy: which brings us to the next point. Besides guilt, any other bad feelings? Like regret? Chuck it, you don’t need it in your closet, or your life for that matter. #LetItGo

5.       That dress that is so perfect you’ve already worn it 25 times: Bravo. Now switch it up. This is the point where someone else can get that perfect dress. You, darling, can get something new, and something borrowed. #NazItNow


You know what is a great way NOT to end up where you are right now, you know, closet full of clothes and nothing to wear? Try renting. Renting gives you fashion freedom, wallet relief, no buyer’s remorse and loads of borrower’s delight. Try it. We are here for you.


Leave a comment

Note: All comments are moderated and will be posted upon approval by admin